First USG Brief in Opp. filed:

On Wednesday, the Solicitor General filed this brief
<https://www.justsecurity.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/priests.archdiocese.bio_.pdf>
in
opposition to the two petitions for *certiorari *from the decision of the
U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit in *Priests for Life.  *He
argues that Supreme Court review is not warranted because all six courts of
appeals to have ruled thus far have "correctly rejected petitioners’ RFRA
challenge to the accommodation, which exempts petitioners from any
obligation to contract, arrange, pay, or refer for contraceptive coverage
for employees or their beneficiaries."  He does, however, signal (pp.30-31)
that if and when the Court decides to consider the question, it should
grant the petition in No. 14-1505, *Roman Catholic Archbishop of Washington
v. Burwell*, principally for the reasons I discussed in this post
<http://balkin.blogspot.com/2015/07/update-on-contraception-coverage.html>.