The petitioners have filed their reply brief
<https://www.justsecurity.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/dcarchbishop.certreply.pdf>
in
No. 14-1505, *Roman Catholic Archbishop of Washington v. Burwell*, which
the Court will consider at its conference on September 28.  As several of
my recent posts have noted, the petitioners are now clearly emphasizing
what I've called the "matchmaker" theory of complicity:  They are, in
effect, complaining *not *that opting out itself would make them complicit
in sin, but instead about the alleged requirement that they enter into a
contractual relationship with another entity (an insurer or TAP) that will,
in turn, offer coverage to their employees:  "Petitioners object to being
forced to hire companies that will provide the objectionable coverage to
their plan beneficiaries, regardless of why they provide it."  Notably,
this theory does *not *depend on any notion that action by the employer
would be a but-for cause of the employees' use of contraception (which it
wouldn't be)--it is, instead, focused on their alleged involvement in
matching up a particular insurer or TPA with particular employees.

There have been a slew of amicus briefs filed in support of the petitions
in the Fifth and Tenth Circuit cases but, curiously, none in the *D.C.
Archbishiop *case, which is the one the Court is most likely to hear if it
grants any petition.