Hi,

I'm thinking of adding a TODO feature to Remind.  A TODO would be
similar to a reminder with the following differences:

1) A TODO can only have a completely-specified due date.  No
   recurrences, etc.

2) TODOs would not normally appear in the calendar, but would be in a
   separate task list.

3) A TODO would have a state associated with it: Things like
   not-started, started, complete.

4) By default, complete TODOs would be ignored.

Now I must confess, I've never made use of a task list.  I find an event
calendar does what I need.  So I'm looking for feedback on the design of
a TODO feature.  I was thinking of introducing a new TODO keyword,
something like this:

    # Default STATE is not-started
    TODO 30 October 2025 MSG Finish TODO Remind feature

    TODO 30 October 2025 STATE started MSG Finish TODO Remind feature
    TODO 2025-10-30 STATE complete MSG Finish TODO Remind feature

    # Also show the TODO in the regular calendar display
    TODO 2025-10-30 CAL MSG Finish TODO Remind feature

Question: Should we also be able to associate a time with a TODO for
something that must be done by a specific time on the target date?

Should we have a separate keyword or should we be able to indicate that
a REM command is a TODO and have the full power of recurrences, etc?  I'm
not really sure recurring tasks make sense; if you mark such a task as
complete, then which recurrences are complete?  All of them?

Thoughts welcomed!

Regards,

Dianne.

Attachment: pgpYXtW0KGwH8.pgp
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to