On Mon, Aug 11, 2025 at 09:29:45AM -0400, Dianne Skoll wrote:
> > There are also todos that expire if they're not completed.
> 
> That could be done with a normal REM command with a delta:
> 
> REM 2025-09-10 ++7 AT 12:00 MSG %"Make reservations%" for %b.

This results in "Make reservations" showing up on my calendar in wyrd
on Sep 10 rather than seven days prior, where I want it.

There are two dates/times I care about for my incomplete todos:
1) when to start getting reminded and 2) the due date.  I like the
former to be the one that shows up on my calendar because that's when
I need to take an action, or start thinking about taking an action.

For events, I care about the start and end date/time.  I also care
about how far in advance I'm reminded about the upcoming event, but I
want my calendar to show when the event occurs rather than when I'm
going to be reminded about the event.

Christian
_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to