From: "ac0y5" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 8:43 PM
Subject: [Re: [[Repeater-Builder] Spectrum Communication SCR1000 VHF
Manual]]

: It seems a lot of the complaints are from oscillator drift and
: tuning drift. I have a few questions Does anyone know if the main
: problem resides in the exciter, or the power amp? My plan would
: eliminate all problems related to the oscillator because the Tx and
: Rx will be generated from a pair of Numerically Controlled
: Oscillators well filtered. I have already designed the entire
: circuit. Now, if Anyone knows where the problem may lay then I will
: be able to take care of the problem an external PA that I have or an
: exciter that I can buy cheaply. The power supply should be okay and
: it has been stated that the receiver is quite sensitive. If
: necessary I can add a 5 or 7 pole helical resonator to the front end.
:
: 73
: AC0Y
:
:
:
:
: --- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, JOHN MACKEY <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
: wrote:
: > The Siouxland Amateur Radio Association in Sioux City, Iowa bought
: a used
: > Spectrum repeater on 2 meters about 3 years ago for something like
: $1100,
: > (with duplexer) fully operational.  I attended a meeting of the
: repeater
: > managers in Sioux City about 2 weeks ago & they were saying they
: wish they had
: > never bought it.  (I tried to tell them not to buy it but they
: ignored me!!)
:
:
: