It seems a lot of the complaints are from oscillator drift and
tuning drift. I have a few questions Does anyone know if the main
problem resides in the exciter, or the power amp? My plan would
eliminate all problems related to the oscillator because the Tx and
Rx will be generated from a pair of Numerically Controlled
Oscillators well filtered. I have already designed the entire
circuit. Now, if Anyone knows where the problem may lay then I will
be able to take care of the problem an external PA that I have or an
exciter that I can buy cheaply. The power supply should be okay and
it has been stated that the receiver is quite sensitive. If
necessary I can add a 5 or 7 pole helical resonator to the front end.

73
AC0Y

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, JOHN MACKEY <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> The Siouxland Amateur Radio Association in Sioux City, Iowa bought
a used
> Spectrum repeater on 2 meters about 3 years ago for something like
$1100,
> (with duplexer) fully operational.  I attended a meeting of the
repeater
> managers in Sioux City about 2 weeks ago & they were saying they
wish they had
> never bought it.  (I tried to tell them not to buy it but they
ignored me!!)