There was a brief moment in time in the mid 1970's that Teledyne made solid-state replacements for the 6AK5 and the 12AT7 called Fetrons; they were essentially high voltage depletion mode JFETs. The main customer was the phone company, and when they had replaced all their tubes, the business dried up. (I was at National Semiconductor at the time working on a similar device).

I don't think this has anything at all to do with the Motrac radio.

Bob Underwood
AA6BT