> , JOHN MACKEY <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Regarding the Maggiore, if the user is happy
> then I guess that is all that matters.

Not really, what appears in operation on the air
is what matters most. If any circuit appears on
the air near me with problems, I'm going to tell
the owner to fix it.

> There are many that have had bad experiences
> with that equipment.

It's not limited to Maggiore, I've had trouble with
one of at least every brand radio. Both Motorola
and GE are not sin free players. Everyone improves
or goes by the wayside. The last two current model
Maggiore Repeaters I've gone over are really nice
well made designs.

> This reminds me of a article in the newspaper
> the other day.  They did an article on the
> Yugo brand of cars, discussing how so many
> people dislike them but a certain few are very
> loyal and happy.

Not limited to Yugo... I've had a love hate
relationship with English made motor products and
have the oil catch pan to prove it. Not to mention
the dark side of Lucas Ignition and Electrical
Systems.

> Maybe the Maggiore & Yugos have a lot in common.

Yugo is long out of business. Maggiore products
have been improved and they are still around, doing
very well. When you call them on the phone, a real
person answers and will talk to you.

> If it were me & type acceptance was a problem, I
> would use the Micor or Mastr II as the receiver
> & the Maggiore as the transmitter.
> "russ" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > THE FCC! They came off the list a few years back.

The posture taken by the FCC the few times I've had to interact with
them over interference problems; the equipment owner or licensee is
the responsible party. Regardless of equipment type acceptance (which
they never seem to ask about), technical problems should be resolved
before they make a visit.

your results might vary...

cheers
skipp