I think skip is accurate..  it depends on the vintage of the particular
brand...  or conversely the operator who sets it up.  Any radio can be a
problem, but a few of the dogs can be beaten into submission.  I guess it
depends on your threshold of pain.

And yes, skip, I am familiar with the Lucas curse.  1 Triumph...  no more.

Regarding the FCC...  this is the product you get when you fill engineering
positions with politicians (aka Lawyers) and bookkeepers.

my 2 cents..
mike

K5JMP
www.k5jmp.net