From: Ken Arck [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 11:03 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Repeater Controllers RC-210

At 02:05 PM 4/7/2004 -0000, you wrote:

>Just a heads up! I bought an RC-210 Controller form Ken Arc with Arcom
>Communications and han nothing but problems with it.

<---Now Eric. If you're going to air dirty laundry in public, it seems only
fair that ALL the facts be presented, don't you think?

1) You returned your kit-built controller immediately after building it
because it didn't speak. The problem we discovered was that several
critical connections were never soldered. Even though it was obviously not
a manufacturing defect and subsequently not a warranty issue, it was
"repaired" free of charge regardless and returned to you within 24 hours of
receiving it.

2) A week later, you returned it again. This time, you admitted to
"shorting 12 volts across something" which burned several traces on the
board and took out several IC's. You were charged a very reasonable fee of
$50 for the repair and it was returned to you within 48 hours.

3) You returned it 3 more times, each time stating you were "having trouble
with it". We never found any problems but gave it a thorough checkout
nevertheless and returned it free of charge, each time, to you.

4) You then returned it yet again a few days before Christmas, claiming you
were still having problems with it. We still found nothing wrong with it
but issued you a refund via Paypal (the method you used to pay for it in
the first place). This was back on January 2nd. We have heard absolutely
nothing from you since. Why you decided to bring this up months later on a
public list is discouraging.

I am sorry you experienced problems with our product. We pride ourselves on
providing top notch support of our products and I believe we bent over
backwards in order to resolve your issues. I apologize that in your case,
we were unable to do so to your satisfaction. I also have to add that I
believe most of our customers would disagree with your characterizations
about our product, myself and my company.

My apologies to the group for being forced to use the bandwidth in order to
address this issue here.

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of state-of-the-art repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net