Eric, you should consider this expense as that of a soldering and
schematic flow charting class - unfortunately you didn't get a passing
grade even though the instructor took time for some special attention to
help you with details. You will likely be more apt to purchase a
functioning unit or the service of the individual who is suited to
perform in the climate of electronics you were unable to do alone, if
you choose that person carefully he/she will let you look over thier
shoulder and ask questions about how to prevent irreversible damage
while prodding along the traces of a live circuit. I have no connection
whatsoever with Ken and/or his controller company, nor do I own of the
units, just a view thru the tiny oracle of a part-time electronics
teacher. A note from my curriculum, if you can behave in my class I will
give you the cord for the soldering station so you may aquire practice
constructing and understanding some circuits, this is not the classroom
for wood or leather crafting.

Eric Harrison wrote:

> Ken For your information I payed for this controller
> with a cashier check for $250 Which I still have a
> receit of! I did not use Paypal and  you made no
> atempted to give me a refund otherwise this would
> never have been brought up on this site! I'm am only
> trying to help other Ham's from getting ripped off
> form people like you! Know I suggest if you want to
> make things right with me send me a check for the
> amount I payed for you controller as you have my
> address and I will let bygons be bygons. Otherwise I
> will continue my cruisade to warn other Ham's about
> you product. The ball is in your court!
>
> Eric (N7JYS)
> --- Ken Arck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > At 02:05 PM 4/7/2004 -0000, you wrote:
> >
> > >Just a heads up! I bought an RC-210 Controller form
> > Ken Arc with Arcom
> > >Communications and han nothing but problems with
> > it.
> >
> > <---Now Eric. If you're going to air dirty laundry
> > in public, it seems only
> > fair that ALL the facts be presented, don't you
> > think?
> >
> > 1) You returned your kit-built controller
> > immediately after building it
> > because it didn't speak. The problem we discovered
> > was that several
> > critical connections were never soldered. Even
> > though it was obviously not
> > a manufacturing defect and subsequently not a
> > warranty issue, it was
> > "repaired" free of charge regardless and returned to
> > you within 24 hours of
> > receiving it.
> >
> > 2) A week later, you returned it again. This time,
> > you admitted to
> > "shorting 12 volts across something" which burned
> > several traces on the
> > board and took out several IC's. You were charged a
> > very reasonable fee of
> > $50 for the repair and it was returned to you within
> > 48 hours.
> >
> > 3) You returned it 3 more times, each time stating
> > you were "having trouble
> > with it". We never found any problems but gave it a
> > thorough checkout
> > nevertheless and returned it free of charge, each
> > time, to you.
> >
> > 4) You then returned it yet again a few days before
> > Christmas, claiming you
> > were still having problems with it. We still found
> > nothing wrong with it
> > but issued you a refund via Paypal (the method you
> > used to pay for it in
> > the first place). This was back on January 2nd. We
> > have heard absolutely
> > nothing from you since. Why you decided to bring
> > this up months later on a
> > public list is discouraging.
> >
> > I am sorry you experienced problems with our
> > product. We pride ourselves on
> > providing top notch support of our products and I
> > believe we bent over
> > backwards in order to resolve your issues. I
> > apologize that in your case,
> > we were unable to do so to your satisfaction. I also
> [...]

73...Clark Beckman N8PZD

Pursuant to U.S. Code, title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, ß227,
"Any and all nonsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address
is subject to a download and archival fee of $500.00 U.S.".
E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.