At 10/16/2004 07:31 PM, you wrote:

>--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > If you ever find a piece of coax on a duplexer that is not double
>shielded at the very least, REPLACE IT ! IT'S A PIECE OF CRAP !

Incorrect; double-shielding is overblown. I once ran an isolation test
using a pair of 6 ft. Pomona RG-58 test cables tightly twisted together to
maximize coupling between the two cables.  The measured isolation was over
85 dB through 500 MHz, in the noise of the test instrument.  This may be
why Phelps Dodge & others originally used RG-8 jumpers on their duplexer,
at least until the braid began to oxidize.

What's important is the quality of the shield, not quantity.  However, you
will be hard-pressed to find any single-shielded coax with silver plating,
so I suppose the point is moot.  If the coax has silver-plated braid, it's
double-shielded.  If it's superflex, it's also 100% shielded.

Bob NO6B