Hello,

Johnson is not what Johnson used to be.......

Paul

   _____

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of N9WYS
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 4:42 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] New repeater Motorola or MA/COM

Steve and all,

FWIW - We [Will County (IL) EMA] have four EF Johnson base/repeater units
installed in a trailer designed for “interoperability” here in Illinois, and
we’ve had nothing but problems with them…  First the VHF went south (and
were eventually replaced - by Johnson - with mobiles for our application)
and now the UHF has gone likewise.

There are 9 such trailers throughout Illinois (coined “ITECS” for Illinois
Transportable Emergency Communications System) developed and paid for by the
Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF) and all are experiencing the same
problems.  Supposedly a factory rep form Johnson wasn’t even able to resolve
the issues…  YMMV.

Mark – N9WYS

Asst Chief – Operations, Will County (IL) EMA / Field Services Division

   _____

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'll take Motorola And EF Johnson Repeaters anytime over the Others .

Just my Two cents .......  lol

73

Steve.

EF Johnson Tech