Nate & all,

Tone can be good for most, but not needed everywhere.

Our FL council now requires tone decode/encode (same freq) on ALL repeaters
here.

About 15 years back the council did give suggested tone freq (here 146.2) for
all parts of FL.  The one mistake was they assigned 100 Hz to one area and as
most know 100 Hz had been used to allow repeaters to put tone on without
closing...kinda a universal tone.  Now those that do it have problems with
other areas.

I think the powers to be think they know more than they do.  Most of the time
when things like this is mandated it is from a few who really are narrow minded.

The best results comes from the repeater builder, not owners or clubs or
trustees, but the ones who get in the mud and do the work.

73, ron, n9ee/r

ps, my repeater is not toned.

Ron Wright, N9EE
727-376-6575