Nate,

Use to be a site owner would require any equipment installed be type accepted
and engineered for that site.  This usually required commerical gear like Mot
or GE for repeaters and not the VHF Eng or other Ham rigs duck taped together.
Also circulators were required on all transmitters.

Now it seems anything goes.  And yes when some get interference when using
those DC to light receivers it is always someone elses fault, hi.  Then one
gets to the TXs with only -60 db spurious emission and one cannot figure out
why all the desense, but the rig worked on my home stn and it cost $600.  Gotta
be someone else.

73, ron, n9ee/r

>From: Nate Duehr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 2007/09/04 Tue AM 12:17:03 CDT
>To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: subaudibe tones..

>What we HAVE seen is site leases that require it... keeping most of
>the "riff-raff" junk off the high sites, where it'd be the most
>problematic.
>
>--
>Nate Duehr, WY0X
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]