At 9/2/2007 04:38, you wrote:
>Although I think most coordinating councils do a good job, they do here in
>Florida, I really do not want the council telling repeater builders what
>equipment to use.

We don't tell or even "officially" recommend (coordinate) specific types of
repeater equipment.  We do recommend (coordinate) technical operating
parameters such as maximum power, deviation, self-desense, etc.  If someone
can make a pair of IC-2ATs work at a comm. site, we say
congratulations.  But if they work the way one would expect given the
quality of the radio, then they'll likely have some problems getting
coordinated.

Bob NO6B