I know, but in many areas there are a lot of unused frequencies.

Still, I would never seriously tell someone to operate there. I would
also not recommend operating repeaters in the parts of the band where
repeaters are prohibited. Others don't see this prohibition as a
deterrent, however. The reason? "The repeater bands are full" and there
is a desire to put more repeaters on the air.

This goes back to a comment I made before. IF you can justify putting
repeaters in all parts of the band based solely on lack of 'repeater
spectrum', what is to keep you from being able to justify extending
beyond the ham bands? Illegal is illegal no matter how illegal it is. We
all know there is lots of underutilized spectrum just above and below 2M
and 220. Is that a reason to put ham repeaters there? (rhetorical
question)

Joe M.