Joe---

If what you say is really true about having no desense when you are terminating
your duplexer into a dummy load, your problem is most likely from there on out
into the antenna system including the possibility of your transmitter mixing
with something that is there when you are or some new corrosion rectification
is another possibility----your feedline connectors or antenna or tower
structure somewhere close.

But before you can say that you have no desense into a dummy load you have to
do a real weak signal test. This is because wide band noise, like comes out of
a bad duplexer from internal micro-arcs, when the transmitter is on, is usually
indistinguishable from no signal receiver noise if all you are doing is
listening to the receiver. Said another way, you can have really bad desense
noise from a bad duplexer and not be able to hear any change in receiver output
noise when the transmitter is switched on and off. You have to do some real
testing to be sure.

The simplest test is to put an iso "T" in front of the receiver input. With the
transmitter off, inject a qualifying signal into the "T" with a couple of kc.
deviation. When you get things working,  reduce the injection signal to where
you can just hold your repeater open and then turn on your transmitter----if
and only if you have no desense you will not hear any change. If your test
signal goes away, increase the injected signal level until you get back to the
transmitter off apparent signal to noise ratio that you started with. If you
are able to measure how much you had to raise your test signal when your
transmitter is on, that is the amount of desense your duplexer is ----for some
reason ---leaving you with.

Scott