Well now---

I've got two 2 meter Phelps-Dodge duplexers that tune beautifully but are
unusable in duplex service do to receiver desense-----internal microarcs
between failed silver plated movable and fixed parts of the center element in a
couple of the cavities of each.

Also, some time ago, I had a 2 meter Hustler antenna---the 3 section one--- go
bad on our repeater-----it heard fine and showed good VSWR but desensed badly
when the transmitter was on. A total disassembly and cleanup of all
connections---aluminum tube slip fits and bolted connections and reassembly
with anti-corrosion dope and shrink tubing to keep the weather out fixed it.

In your case it sounds like you may have a bad "antenna" port coax "T" on your
duplexer or the mating antenna feedline connector or a bad connector somewhere
up the feedline----I've seen that too-----micro arcs. And LMR-400 or 9913 cable
with a loose connector will do it too.

Then you could have a loose random connection somewhere in your tower/antenna
structure-----something like a coax connector making and breaking connection to
the antenna support structure-----this will often make high level random
"static" type noise------look for anything that is loose.

Scott, N6NXI