-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dan Cation
Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2007 5:15 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Duplexer and noise question

Hi everyone - new to the group looking for help on a strange problem.
I've been involved with two repeaters in Southeast Kansas (Humboldt -
147.18 and 442.900) for over 30 years and work in electronics,
although not in radio. A couple months ago we lost both repeaters
when we had a flood in this area - I took the Wacom duplexer apart and
cleaned any obvious corrosion or such and assumed it would be fine -
it tuned up without any trouble and there was almost no corrosion. I
replaced as many of the T connectors as I could and carefully cleaned
any that remained and made new cables of the correct length. I have
built a new repeater but am now having a problem with intermittent
buzzing sometimes when the transmitter is up - it will hold the
receiver open and cover any signals that aren't pretty strong. Comes
on whenever the transmitter comes up but not always - sometimes it is
fine. I have tried 3 different transmitters - a Midland 3400, a
Midland 340A and even a couple Icom rigs - makes no difference. Same
for receivers - makes no difference. Never shows up unless the
duplexer is hooked to an antenna - works fine on a dummy load. Tried
two different antennas as well. The noise sounds like bad line noise,
but I can't hear it except on the repeater. The repeater is at my
house right now, but I intend to haul it back to the site to see if it
shows up there as well when I can get time to do it. Anyone else ever
ran into this kind of thing?