I'll take a few XTSs or XTLs for a couple hundred bucks each - or even
$600 each.

But that aside, why is a P25 radio the only one you should be able to
get to do 440-476?

Even so, P25 is a small percentage of Motorola's entire line.

Another point: If the radio has a bandwidth of 62 MHz, why can't I get
one to do a 36 MHz bandwidth of 440-476? Why can't I get the radio to go
5 kHz "out of band"? You USED to be able to do that. Why has Motorola
made their units (again, I'll say it) so ham unfriendly?

Joe M.