-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ken Arck
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 12:57 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] WiFi interference to UHF?

I've started deploying WiFi nodes (500 mw radios) at my various sites (so
far, only one is done) and I've noticed some interference to one of my UHF
repeaters at that site. The interference is only noticable on weaker signals
(so obviously the interference itself isn't all that strong) that manifests
itself as a low level pulsing or clicking sound "under" the UHF user. The
WiiFi radio/router is mounted at the top of the tower and fed power via the
CAT5 cable (POE). The antenna for the WiFi unit is in faily close proximity
to the UHF antenna too.
I'm thinking moving the WiFi antenna a bit down the tower might solve the
problem. Then again, I'm not yet sure if it's an RF thing or the
CAT5 cable itself radiating (it ain't shielded)

Anyone run into this before?

Ken