Use a dual band handheld and tune it to the 3rd harmonic.  If
the repeater listens to 147.735 that means that you would listen
to 443.205 (which is easy to do, just use a handheld that can
do 5khz steps on UHF).

Anyway that will get you to the proper floor and within 3-4 hotel
rooms (the 3rd harmonic of most handhelds is pretty weak).
Then once you have the floor and a range of rooms you call
someone on a simplex channel who is standing near a house
phone is the same hotel, and you dial each room's phone one
by one while the jerk is keyed down.  When you hear the
phone bell in the background you know what room he's in.

You then send the local equivalent of the Seven Six Secret
Service to knock on his door (white sheets and hoods optional).
Problem solved.

Been there, watched that (didn't get the baseball cap).

Mike WA6ILQ