-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com On Behalf Of Jeff DePolo

> I know these stations have jumpers all over the place -
> backplane, cards,
> etc. - that all needed to be configured properly for the
> thing to work the
> way it should. I have the manuals, but I am stumped. I know
> I'm missing
> something, SOMEWHERE - my problem is: WHAT and WHERE?

Could be quite a few reasons why you don't have repeat audio.  Start at the
receiver and work your way forward, using the chart for the unified chassis
and the module schematics in the "orange book" to help you follow the repeat
audio path through the station.

> Besides, the manual's diagram for the backplane shows jumpers
> numbered in a
> certain sequence and the backplane I have has them numbered
> differently -
> they're in the same locations, but numbered differently.

You sure you have a standard backplane?  There were a number of varients,
one of the more common being the backplanes that were used for Micor PURC
(paging) stations.  Check the part number stamped on the backplane board for
the unified chassis and make sure it matches what you have documentation
for.

                                        --- Jeff WN3A