Mike,

I appreciate your response and concerns. I should have mentioned in
my original post that I am either the the representative of the
license holder (Kaysville City) for these frequencies, or in contact
with the person who is.

I have not thus far used any equipment on the public service band
that is not typed for that band, at least as far as I know. Nor do I
intend to.

We hired APCO last year to get everything squared away on the
licensing for the repeater and that was a chore and a half. I don't
want to do anything to put that in jeapordy.

However, if I have all the permissions lined up, which I think I do;
have all the licenses in place, which I think I do also, I need to
find the best way to accomplish the task.

One problem with working with volunteer organizations such as CERT is
that everything has to be done, well, volunteer. We were able to get
a grant for some money to get the repeater, and pay APCO to do the
licensing, but that source has dried up. We have equipment, and
people willing to do the work, but need to keep the "professional
costs" to a minimum, without creating any problems for the local
authorities. If I had $$ to spend, where would be the best place to
spend it? My thoughts right now would be to have someone with a
Service Monitor check our work after we are ready to plug everything
in. I can connect wires, solder, and program without any issues. Even
using the proper shielding, etc. if I know what needs to be connected
where, and why.

I agree that this may not be the norm for a lot of people, but we
have done a LOT of work to keep this all within the proper
authorizations and permissions.

Thanks

Bryan

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Mike Pugh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Also check to be sure the FCC license reflects the locations,
type of
> > service (FB; FB2; or MO) and power levels being proposed for the
VHF