Ok, let me ask this question.

In the scenario I am talking about, I know I need FB2 on the UHF
side. Do I need it on the VHF side or is FB enough? Remember I am not
repeating VHF to VHF, just over to UHF, and the UHF to UHF is already
FB2.

And yes, these are all true public service frequencies, verified and
coordinated through APCO. Not commercial, not GMRS, not
amateaur. "Public Service" as stated in the original post.
BRyan
KE7GVJ