--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "retiredcss01" <tommy...@...> wrote:

> We have some on our repeater frequency, that just like to kerchunk the
> repeater to hear it come back or ID. Is there any way we can eliminate this
> annoying situation?  I suspect that we may have an unlicensed individual with
> a 2meter radio.
>
> Thanks

As someone already said it's not always a person kerchunking. I thought we had
a kerchunker until I watched a spectrum analyzer tied to the repeater antenna.
It turned out to be a little birdie traveling down the band every time a
hospital pager was keyed after being off for a while and cooling down. It just
happened they were using the same PL as our repeater.
Funny thing, Captain Moto took that exciter and put it at another location
across town with a different PL. It took another ham repeater group several
years to figure out why the kerchunker had moved to their frequency.

73 And good luck

Wayne