Unless the state frequency coordinator is the one with all of the paper repeaters....

On Jul 26, 2009, at 6:39 PM, Mike Besemer (WM4B) wrote:

I’d love to hear how this plays out. Locally, we had great luck decoordinating a paper repeater and getting it recoordinated to us. All it took was a good relationship with our state coordinator and a little bit of time monitoring.

We all understand that sometimes a system goes down and takes a bit longer to get operational again than we’d originally anticipated, but there are definitely repeaters out there… all over the US… that are paper only and will remain that way indefinitely unless we help.

73,

Mike

WM4B

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Captainlance
Sent: Sunday, July 26, 2009 6:24 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Closed Repeaters

You are totally correct, it is not MetroCor's function to track down anyone, but if as you say you have such a list of paper repeaters, why not do everyone a service and send it to us? if you are really interested in the repeater community, you might consider volunteering some of your time to assist our organization in it's duties.We openly solicit any responsible amateur to assist us.

Any open channels that we can confirm only allow someone else to gain their use and coordination. you would be doing a public service to the Amateur community here in NY/NJ

lance N2HBA

President, MetroCor, Inc.