Hi Jeff,

I'll try a different antenna... perhaps that's it.

Horizontal isolation possibly not enough, but 'only'
running 30 watts out, & the repeater is a quantar, &
all leads are RG214, so didn't figure that would be
it... I've seen a lot of installations with antennas
pretty close to the system.

Might try a matching network to tune out swr, just to
see if that's it.

Metal building - no HVAC or stacks, etc.  Just an empty
(mostly) concrete slab with a metal building on it.

Milt - Seems I did put the meter at the antenna & pretty
much saw the same thing.  It's about what I expected, as
the 224 is not the ham version - it's the 150-160 meg
version.

thanks,

Tim  W5FN