From: tahrens301 <tahr...@swtexas.net>
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Antenna SWR = Desense?
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 2:03 PM

                  Hi folks,

Just a bit of an update... got the 6 cavity Telewave

duplexer tweaked up - looks like it pretty much hit

the specs in the data sheet.

With a dummy load at the 'antenna' port, I used an

"iso-tee" to inject a signal at both the receiver

input, and between the antenna port & the dummy

load.  With a weak signal, both places showed me that

there was no desense.  Very weak signal would hold in

the repeater.

However, putting the system on the antenna (a 150-160 mhz

DB-224 100' horizontally & 10' vertically separated)

through a metal building fed with 7/8 heliax, there

seems to be no end to the desense!

The wattmeter shows 30 watts forward & 3 watts reflected

at the antenna port, if my math serves, it's less than 2:1.

Can the less than 1:1 match be the culprit?

Thanks,

Tim  W5FN

__