From: tahrens301 <tahr...@swtexas.net>
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 1, 2009 3:03:29 PM
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Antenna SWR = Desense?

Hi folks,

Just a bit of an update... got the 6 cavity Telewave
duplexer tweaked up - looks like it pretty much hit
the specs in the data sheet.

With a dummy load at the 'antenna' port, I used an
"iso-tee" to inject a signal at both the receiver
input, and between the antenna port & the dummy
load. With a weak signal, both places showed me that
there was no desense. Very weak signal would hold in
the repeater.

However, putting the system on the antenna (a 150-160 mhz
DB-224 100' horizontally & 10' vertically separated)
through a metal building fed with 7/8 heliax, there
seems to be no end to the desense!

The wattmeter shows 30 watts forward & 3 watts reflected
at the antenna port, if my math serves, it's less than 2:1.

Can the less than 1:1 match be the culprit?

Thanks,

Tim W5FN