Mastr IIs are pretty good radios in repeater service. Is yours a converted
mobile or a base station with the big heatsink?

G7s have been problematic for repeater service in New Englands climate, not
sure about yours.

Not sure about the power increase on warmup. If you have a spectrum analyser,
does it go spurious? I have seen that, usually cured by a by the book alignment.

I'd sooner look at the duplexer, RX preamp (if used), cables, and the
aforementioned antenna, before swapping out the radio.

There are lots of good alternatives for VHF repeater radios, depends what you
can find, and your budget. I much prefer commercial equipment over ham rigs.

Good Luck de W1EL

Eric Lowell
Eastern Maine Electronics Inc.
48 Loon Road