  From: n...@no6b.com
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, January 03, 2010 2:45 PM
  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Mastr II mods and parts

  At 1/3/2010 11:11, you wrote:

  >Yes, it was resolved at a lot of commercial sites by not allowing it to be
  >used ;-)

  For me, the "resolution" came from a Times Microwave sales rep. who
  admitted that LMR-400 is not appropriate for duplex use.

  Having said that, you can get away with using it in situations such as
  temporary/portable repeater installations provided the connectors are
  installed properly & the feedline is not used near the antenna, where RF
  can couple to the outer braided shield. In no circumstances would I ever
  use it at a shared comm. site.

  >Usually after a bit of time, the cable will start to become a source of
  >noise as the two dissimilar metals start to react with each other. There
  >are many documented cases of this problem. Search this group's messages
  >and you'll see this has been discussed over and over. It comes up about
  >every other week.

  BTW, they don't need to be dissemilar metals. I once confirmed a 100%
  copper braided RG-213 jumper as a PIM source. I only use silver-plated
  braided coax beyond the duplexer from now on.

  Bob NO6B