Very interesting...all our sites are dense with RF from Public Safety radio
systems 800, 700, VHF, etc. No problems in five years.  I suspect it has
more to do with how the RF connections are made than the LMR cable.  Just my
subjective opinion of one.

Actually it is the cable.  My discussion with two engineers at
TimesMicrowave indicated that it was not so much the dissimilar metals that
were the issue, but the foil over braid and two somewhat independent
shields.  No mention was made of this being a termination or connection
issue.

As with everything, Your Mileage May Vary.  I use the stuff in non duplex
telemetry applications by the 1000’ roll, not a problem.  We have some on
site in use for non duplex applications, but many well engineered public
safety sites will not allow the product on site regardless of the use.  My
personal preference is a 100% copper shield obtained with any of the smaller
superflexible Andrews and other products.  I try to use  ¼, 3/8 and ½”
superflex for those duplexer to the radio and duplexer to the lighting
arrestor runs.  IMHO, nothing says 100% shielded like solid copper.

73

Daron N7HQR