On Apr 4, 2010, at 2:30 PM, John wrote:

> --- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Nate Duehr <n...@...> wrote:
> >

> > I like D-STAR as a not-very-well-designed "first try" and use it... but
> > it's seriously technologically flawed. Some of that can be fixed... other
> > things like the header information not being interlaced...
> >
> > --
> > Nate Duehr, WY0X
> > n...@...
> >

> Hmmm... I'm sitting here with my NQMHS Node Adapter (GMSK Modem) and watching
> the binary stream, in both Hex and Char, off of my IC-91AD, while
> transmitting for a few seconds. It seems the callsign information is repeated
> on a pretty continuous basis looking at the trace. I think it may just be a
> repeater/gateway control implementation issue.

I believe if you'll look again, the callsign of the sending station is
interlaced, but not RPT1/RPT2, and the destination address, which are the
essential routing information.

Plus, you're correct: Judging by the behavior, the repeater's don't look at
that data or utilize it anyway.

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X
n...@natetech.com