On 5/2/09 2:38 PM, Carlos de la Guardia wrote:
> No hacks, just repackaged the eggs in a GAE friendly manner (also, a zip
> file was needed to accommodate for the 1000 file limit) and added fake
> parser and compiler modules to allow initialization to work.

OK, cool. Adding those fake parser and compiler modules should no longer be
necessary if you use the BFG trunk (nothing from chameleon.zpt is imported at
startup time).

> Here's the complete application handler I used:
>
> import sys
> sys.path.insert(0,'bfg_dist.zip')
>
> from google.appengine.ext.webapp.util import run_wsgi_app
>
> from repoze.bfg.router import make_app
>
> from bfgstarter.models import get_root
> import bfgstarter
>
> application = make_app(get_root, bfgstarter)
>
> def main():
>    run_wsgi_app(application)
>
> if __name__ == '__main__':
>    main()

Cool...

> Any suggestions for templating engines?

There are existing BFG bindings for Jinja2
(http://svn.repoze.org/repoze.bfg.jinja2).  I don't know if Jinja2 runs on GAE;
a quick Google search seems to imply that it might.  I could probably create
some bindings for meld3, although meld3 kinda sucks balls.  DTML? ;-)

- C