Steve Carlin has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24556 )

Change subject: IMPALA-15127: Support HBO for UnionNode cardinality
......................................................................


Patch Set 8:

(1 comment)

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24556/8/fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/planner/UnionNode.java
File fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/planner/UnionNode.java:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24556/8/fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/planner/UnionNode.java@376
PS8, Line 376:     
sb.append("constOps:").append(constExprLists_.size()).append("|");
> Without this, the key string will be too simple for constant VALUES/SELECT
But I think I disagree with that.

If you had a Union node with only constants, the cardinality coming from the 
union node will be practically insignificant anyway, no?  Whether there are 33 
constants or 34 constants, it doesn't really affect the upper nodes that much 
since the caardinality is barely different...or if it does, then we need to 
solve the original problem of knowing exactly what the constants are.

I'm not gonna make too much of a fuss on this point. I might be missing some 
nuance, but I think that in the end, it doesn't matter whether we keep it there 
or not. If you want to leave it, I'm ok with that :)



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24556
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: Impala-ASF
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: Ie228f530bdcb171d3b717966673164bf9a4c45c8
Gerrit-Change-Number: 24556
Gerrit-PatchSet: 8
Gerrit-Owner: Quanlong Huang <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Aman Sinha <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Impala Public Jenkins <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Quanlong Huang <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Steve Carlin <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2026 02:23:34 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to