Steve Carlin has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24556 )

Change subject: IMPALA-15127: Support HBO for UnionNode cardinality
......................................................................


Patch Set 10: Code-Review+1

(1 comment)

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24556/8/fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/planner/UnionNode.java
File fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/planner/UnionNode.java:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24556/8/fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/planner/UnionNode.java@376
PS8, Line 376:     StringBuilder sb = new 
StringBuilder(statsType.name()).append(":UnionNode:");
> I think it's still better than nothing. E.g. the following two queries only
I can't say for sure if it's better than nothing because if the cardinality 
barely changes by adding N constants versus N+1 constants, then it's a missed 
opportunity to use HBO stats.  A false negative rather than a false positive.

But I won't argue this any further :) I don't think there's a right or wrong 
answer here.



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24556
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: Impala-ASF
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: Ie228f530bdcb171d3b717966673164bf9a4c45c8
Gerrit-Change-Number: 24556
Gerrit-PatchSet: 10
Gerrit-Owner: Quanlong Huang <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Aleksandr Efimov <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Aman Sinha <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Impala Public Jenkins <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Quanlong Huang <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Steve Carlin <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2026 13:58:39 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to