Quanlong Huang has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24426 )

Change subject: IMPALA-14601: Support HBO for JoinNode cardinality
......................................................................


Patch Set 23:

(1 comment)

> Patch Set 23:
>
> (1 comment)
>
> I ran this change together with 24693 on a cluster, since they meet in the 
> same goldens.
>
> 24693 appends ", partition constants ignored" to an HBO annotation whose 
> match came through IGNORE_PARTITION_CONSTANTS. That caveat does not stay on 
> the scan: a join or an aggregate over a partition-predicated scan 
> canonicalizes the same predicates into its own key, so it matches through 
> that strategy itself and reads the same way. In the first query of 
> hbo-multiple-scans.test that is three of the lines this change newly 
> annotates - 06:AGGREGATE, 03:AGGREGATE and 02:HASH JOIN.
>
> Cherry-picking either onto the other is clean, so this is a golden 
> regeneration for whichever of us lands second, not a merge conflict. Flagging 
> it so it doesn't arrive as a surprise failure.

Thanks for the notification! I think we can merge IMPALA-15236 before this 
which might need more review. I'll modify the tests accordingly after that.

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24426/23/tests/query_test/test_hbo.py
File tests/query_test/test_hbo.py:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24426/23/tests/query_test/test_hbo.py@62
PS23, Line 62:       # To avoid the test being fragile, we only compare the 
cardinality lines.
> The run above is the case I had in mind here. It only failed because the ca
This patch focus on tracking cardinality so I think it's OK to not compare 
other lines. If there is another planner change that flips the distribution 
mode, it doesn't need to modify the HBO golden files either.



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24426
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: Impala-ASF
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: I70b655ae7027d0d9eb8e9fae9ba2e1b7ad9876b4
Gerrit-Change-Number: 24426
Gerrit-PatchSet: 23
Gerrit-Owner: Quanlong Huang <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Aleksandr Efimov <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Impala Public Jenkins <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Quanlong Huang <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Steve Carlin <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2026 09:00:06 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to