Hello,

I have a server with centos5 installed and 2.6.18-308.4.1.el5xen kernel with
the following modules:

< Cut upper list>
ata_piix               57925  0
libata                208849  1 ata_piix
shpchp                 70637  0
mptsas                 87633  2
mptscsih               71489  1 mptsas
mptbase               125125  2 mptsas,mptscsih
scsi_transport_sas     68929  1 mptsas
sd_mod                 56513  15
scsi_mod              199897  19
be2iscsi,ib_iser,iscsi_tcp,bnx2i,libcxgbi,libiscsi2,scsi_transport_iscsi2,scsi_dh_rdac,scsi_dh,sr_mod,sg,usb_storage,qla2xxx,scsi_transport_fc,libata,mptsas,mptscsih,scsi_transport_sas,sd_mod
ext3                  169041  2
jbd                    94769  1 ext3
uhci_hcd               57561  0
ohci_hcd               56309  0
ehci_hcd               66893  0

The important part is the mptsas module that is being used because of the
local disc of the server. The modprobe.conf is:

# cat /etc/modprobe.conf
alias scsi_hostadapter mptbase
alias scsi_hostadapter1 mptsas
alias scsi_hostadapter2 ata_piix
alias scsi_hostadapter3 qla2xxx
alias scsi_hostadapter4 usb-storage
alias bond0 bonding
options bonding mode=1 max_bonds=2 miimon=100
options bnx2x disable_tpa=1
alias eth0 bnx2
alias eth1 bnx2

I've then upgraded to a more recent kernel (rebuild from source from
http://au1.mirror.crc.id.au/repo/SRPMS/). The kernel is kernel-
xen-2.6.32.57-2.

The kernel boots fine and initrd kicks in. It loads mptsas module and detects
the local harddrive but no partition appears on /proc/partitions. Because of
that it can't mount root partition and panics. Does anyone know any issue with
mptsas or a way to debug the problem?

Thanks,
Nuno Fernandes