On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Nuno Fernandes <npf-mli...@eurotux.com> wrote:
> Argh!!
> 3.0 kernel lacks some xen backend drivers needed by full dom0 support.
> kernel-2.6.39uek has backported those drivers because of their oracleVM
> product that uses the same kernel.
> Back to debug mode :(

As I understand it, 2.6.39uek = 3.0.16.  The versioning is for their
tool compatibility, even though it should be 2.6.40.16 under the
commonly accepted versioning for 2.6.x IIRC.  And allegedly Xen went
upstream early in 3.x.  Was it 3.0.3?  Or was that 3.3?

In any case, if you're looking for features, why don't you consider
Fedora?  If you're cycling updates in every year or quicker, which
sounds like the case, it makes far more sense.  Fedora is quite
stable, but just rebases far more, instead of backporting.

If it's just a virtualization platform, and not a run-time platform
for applications, it completely makes far more sense to consider
Fedora if you're focused on features.  They already do the integration
testing for you.  Xen dom0 was added back to Fedora as of Fedora 16.
[1]

-- bjs

[1] wiki.xen.org/wiki/Fedora_Host_Installation

--
Bryan J Smith - Professional, Technical Annoyance
http://www.linkedin.com/in/bjsmith