On 08/30/2012 01:49 PM, Bryan J Smith wrote:
On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 8:20 AM, Nuno Fernandes <npf-mli...@eurotux.com> wrote:
Let me then start from the beginning... We are creating an opensource
virtualization solution called Nuxis (http://nuxis.com/). This solution is
based on Centos5 + some of our packages (mostly web interface and libvirt
connector (GPLv2)). We support KVM and Xen.
I our local setup we've upgraded xen to a more recent version
(xen-4.1.3-1.el5) because of some security issues. We were using xen 4.1.2.

We were using xen 4.1.2 because of features. We've upgraded to 4.1.3 because of security fixes.

Since you mentioned "debugging," what's the endgame here?  I mean, if
you're talking about backporting fixes ... ugh ... that's a lot of
sustaining engineering.  Or if you're going to rebase, at what point
are you fighting platform changes with virtualization changes with
unknown changes?

In most cases we are rebasing... only when rebasing leads to problems we try to backport.

I mean, I could look at what your initrd issue is if you want to
provide it.  But that just gets you booting.  Given your errors with
the dom0, I think your issues might be much deeper than you realize.

Yes.. thats the only thing that i want.. to get it booting :)
Both initrd (2.6.18xen and 2.6.39uek) are in http://downloads.clientes.eurotux.com/noc/nuxis/temp/

If it boots (even without xen) i'll pursue the issue in xen-users mlists.

Best regards,
Nuno Fernandes