paulgj;682508 Wrote:
> Well I tested using Windows shortcuts instead of actual copies of the
> folder.jpg file and it didn't work (LMS didn't find the art).  I think
> hard links would do the trick but they are a PITA to work with so it's
> not worth it.
According to your sig your server is running Ubuntu, so it's not
surprising to me that Windows shortcuts wouldn't work. Why would Ubuntu
follow a Windows shortcut?

On the other hand, symbolic links may well work. Besides the obvious
advantage of being something that Ubuntu understands, they can also
have the same name as the file you're trying to link (ie, cover.jpg or
folder.jpg). This is in contrast to Windows shortcuts, which generally
tack on a .lnk extension.

Assuming that the paths you gave in your original post are the real
paths, see if the following works. Pay attention to the quotation
marks/inverted commas, and remember to do a full clear and rescan
afterwards.

cd "/Miles Davis/Complete Live Nickel/Disc 2 - Set 2"
ln -s "/Miles Davis/Complete Live Nickel/Disc 2 - Set 1/folder.jpg"
folder.jpg

--
aubuti