While it is true that the  chain-to event is a timed event, in some way or
other all events are, it is not a hard timed event unless you make it so.

________________________________
From: Benjamin D. Fillmore <benja...@fillmoretechnical.com>
To: User discussion about the Rivendell Radio Automation System
<rivendell-dev@lists.rivendellaudio.org>
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2011 11:50 PM
Subject: Re: [RDD] Chain To Woes

Rob, the issue is that when you select the checkbox to add the Chain-To event
at the end of your logs, it creates the Chain-To as a Timed Event.  So if it
fires before midnight, then the next day's log loads (which also has a Timed
Event at midnight to load the NEXT day's log) and it gets triggered when
midnight actually hits.  Effectively skipping a day's log.

Adding manually pasting some extra music into the last hour can
    avoid this.  And I imagine it's possible to make a special clock for
    the 11pm hour that has a chain-to event that is NOT a timed event.
    I think that's what I'll end up having to do -- because I don't see
    any way to make the system generated one anything but a timed event.

On 10/19/2011 8:40 AM, Tim Camp wrote:
It may put your time off a little if you are running early but just chain the
next day at the end of your log. No timed event.
>On Oct 19, 2011 7:01 AM, "James Gamblin" <jgamb...@lwrn.org> wrote:
>
>Hey Rob,
>>
>>Ours did it last night.  We usually add a few songs at the end
          of the day, for
>>insurance.  The fellow that usually takes care of that had a
          couple of days off.

>>Most were fine, but we got bit last night.  Woke up @ 4 am to
          a silent station.
>>Sure wish the next day would just load.
>>
>>James
>>

>>On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 6:52 AM, Rob Landry <41001...@interpring.com> wrote:
>>

>>>I've never seen this happen. My clients' stations often
              run out of log
>>>before midnight; the next day's log loads a bit early but
              plays just fine.
>>>I usually have a long filler scheduled just before 3 AM
              with a station ID
>>>after it that is set to start at 3AM, so a couple minutes
              of the filler
>>>may play and then the ID starts precisely at 3.
>>>
>>>Do you have a timed event scheduled for just before
              midnight? In stations
>>>using a Windows-based automation system I've seen people
              schedule a timed
>>>event leading into an 11:56 PM stopset, and if the day's
              log starts before
>>>midnight, the machine would skip to the 11:56 stopset at
              the end of the
>>>log. But if Rivendell did this, I should be seeing my 3AM
              IDs running at
>>>midnight every night.
>>>

>>>Rob

                  problem.  Sometimes the