I route all audio into different channels of JACK Mixer. for example, my
mic is routed via. the JACK server into an input mic channel on the mixer,
which then I can control the volume of the mic and which output channels
(programs) the mic goes out to, such as Skype, my speakers, the rivendell
rdcatch recording deck, Google Voice, Audacity, and the radio stream. The
same is for all programs. Then, all of the channels are outputted from the
JACK Mixer output channels to the various applications and programs.

The sound card I am using? Intel HDA STAC92xx according to Linux.

Thanks for the questions.

strace is getting me a bunch of things that I didn't expect... and it is
not giving me anything about the importing or the sample rates.

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 12:32 AM, Robert Jeffares <jeffares.rob...@gmail.com