scratch everything... I reinstalled via the tryphon packages and everything
installed smooth. rdxport.cgi is working as well as rdimport. At first I
started with the same problem... music too low in pitch... when I realized
two things: periods/buffer should have been set to 4 in JACK... so I did. I
was starting JACK from Patchage which I shouldn't have been doing; patchage
starts JACK always at 44100. So now I start from qjackctl with 48000 sample
rate and 4 periods/buffer. I also set Rivendell system settings AND
/etc/rd.conf to 48000 sample rate. Now the music sounds right!

Thanks again everyone for your help! Now I can work on getting the station
back online!