I for one would LOVE Rivendell on OS X.  I can do almost anything I want in
OS X, both on the command line and GUI.  Whereas in CentOS I am almost
incapable of doing many things (so far) that I've learned to do in other
*nixes ... It's not CentOS's fault, I know, it's purely my lack of
experience and familiarity with it.

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Gregg Wonderly <ge...@cox.net> wrote:

> So one of the questions I had, was would it make sense to
> reconstruct/rewrite all of the UI components in Java?  We could construct a
> JNI interface into the binary libraries needed so that all the same tools
> could exist, but then we'd have a much more portable UI base it would seem
> to me.
>
> In top of that, I have lots of experience with using various
> communications technologies between Java virtual machines that would allow
> things to remain in separate processes where needed.
>
> Do that, would make it very easy to run rivendell on OS-X it would seem to
> me.
>
> Thoughts?  It's not a small amount of work, but with some buying, I'd be
> very willing to work on a proof of concept.
>
> In doing this, the resources, in terms of memory for Rivendell would
> increase some, but I don't think, that overall, we'd tremendously increase
> the class of machine required to get a great play out experience.
>
> Gregg
>
> On Aug 30, 2012, at 12:54 PM, Bill Putney <bi...@wwpc.com> wrote:
>
> > I spent some time a year ago trying to make Rivendell play on OS X but
> aside from some driver issues it seemed like QT mis-matches were the major
> malfunction. Fred G says a QT up-rev is on the list of things to do.
> >
> > Bill Putney - KPTZ Port Townsend, WA
> >
> > Sent from my iPad
> >
> > On Aug 30, 2012, at 10:33 AM, WBHM Web Operations <la...@wbhm.org>
> wrote:
> >
> >> I'm trying to compile a checkout from:
> >>
> >> cvs -d:pserver:c...@cvs.rivendellaudio.org:/home/cvs/cvsroot checkout
> rivendell
> >>
> >> On OSX lion, loosely following these instrctions:
> >>
> >> http://rivendell.tryphon.org/wiki/Install_Rivendell_on_OSX
> >>
> >> I say loosely, because these are obviously outdated.
> >>
> >> First thing I noticed was that configure told me "Qt4 not found, unable
> to continue",  so using MacPorts, I removed qt3 and installed qt4-mac-devel.
> >>
> >> Still no love.  I'm looking for the qt4 libs and headers to no avail.
> >>
> >> Does anyone have some Rivendell OSX knowledge to share.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Larry

                          "Democracy is not a spectator sport"

                    Ithaca Community Radio -- 88.1 FM in Ithaca
                                WRFI 91.9 FM in Watkins Glen
                                     WINO 89.9 FM in Odessa

News, Culture & Information from our Neighborhoods and the World

*Phone*: 607.319.5445
*Email*:  progr...@ithacaradio.org
*Web*:    http://ithacaradio.org/

Mailing address: