I have rdstreamdata working on 12.04 LTS 64 bit and a shoutcast server.
I just followed the instructions and it worked.  I do have netcat, lynx
and awk installed because I had also tried streamdata v 1.0. I believe
one of these is required for rdstreamdata.

I haven't tried the rlm icecast2 module, but did use the rlm shoutcast
module and switched back to rdstreamdata because the rlm shoutcast
module does not send default data to the server when the song ends.  We
have a few hosts who play a lot of CD's, and with rlm shoutcast, the
last song played by the automation would stay there until another song
was played from the automation.  rdstreamdata will send a default text
such as the station name when the automation is not being used, or is
playing audio that now and next is not enabled for.  This may not matter
in your setup.