I agree, Liquidsoap is the way to go. Getting darkice to work reliably was something I gave up on in the end. I think the best up time I had was about 6 weeks.

I have a guide on pastebin (http://pastebin.com/u/MezzFA0) for liquidsoap, JACK and rotter using Ubuntu server. Since I set it up about a year ago its still working fine without any intervention. The bonus is by using upstart scripts to get everything going, if any component fails it will auto restart (I tested it by killing random processes but as far as I can tell nothing has broken since then).

Regards,

Wayne