Hello,
I am trying to set up Icecast2 and darkice but I just can seem to get them to
work. Icecast loads up fine but when trying to load darkice I get the following:

Starting icecast2: jorge@jorge-Inspiron-1000:~$ sudo darkice -c ~/darkice.cfg
DarkIce 0.20.1 live audio streamer, http://darkice.tyrell.hu/
Copyright (c) 2000-2007, Tyrell Hungary, http://tyrell.hu/

Using config file: /home/jorge/darkice.cfg
Using JACK audio server as input device.
Using POSIX real-time scheduling, priority 98
jack_client_new: deprecated
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server socket
jack server is not running or cannot be started
DarkIce: JackDspSource.cpp:216: JACK server not running? [0]

But jack IS running.

If I change the input device in the config file I get the following:

DarkIce 0.20.1 live audio streamer, http://darkice.tyrell.hu/
Copyright (c) 2000-2007, Tyrell Hungary, http://tyrell.hu/

Using config file: /home/jorge/darkice.cfg
Using ALSA DSP input device: default
Using POSIX real-time scheduling, priority 98
Home directory /home/jorge not ours.
DarkIce: DarkIce.cpp:1187: can't open connector [0]

Any ideas? suggestions?